Feb 12, 2020

Obsessed With Bass

The Essential History Of Miami Bass 1985 - 1993







































So I bought this publication on Amazon mostly because of the cover (the big speaker is on it man!).
I didn't expect to learn much from it but it definately looked like something to have in the collection.
The author Aaron Nemec admits he did not plan to be comprehensive, so the pamphlet only has 32 pages. I quote; "So instead of being comprehensive, I decided to only address some major figures and ideas of Miami bass through publishing my own zine, while providing some imagery. Anyone can dig deeper for more information or better image quality." Aaron Nemec knows the history, that's for sure, but the pamphlet is intended for people who actually don't know what bass music is.

Now the reason why I am actually posting this is because during my read I was pleasantly surprised!




















The author used my Cover Wars Part 6 blogpost as a reference to his Calvin Mills II chapter! Coolness. As you might have noticed I have not been updating Bass Covers for some months, mainly because I felt nobody was visiting. But this proves that the blog can still be usefull for those interested in, or starting an interest in bass music.




















So thank you Aaron Nemec, and that being said, I will be updating on a regular again from now on. May the BASS be with you.

You can get your copy of "Obsessed With Bass" by clicking this link:

https://microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/zines/11983

or you can visit AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment