Jul 28, 2012

Clay D - Out The Can

That booty in there

























This is Clay D's second release on Pandisc Records, the first one being "We're goin' off
which was released as "Clay D & The New Get Funky Crew" in 1991.  
I remember being very excited about this release. I had already heard "That booty in there" 
on the Pandisc compilation "Booty bass";





and then I found a 12" by Clay D called "Forget your man, forget your girl" featuring Prince 

Rahiem. It wasn't my favorite jam but on the back of the cover it said "Taken from the album '

Out the can' (PD-8838)", so I was like "YES!". I had always been a big fan (like most of you 

reading this I'm sure) of the man's  Vision Records releases so this was definately something 

to look forward to... (At that time I didn't have "We're goin' off" yet either)









I have to be honest, it took me some years to finally get my hands on the cd! This was before 

the birth of eBay and even then, I wouldn't get an internet connection untill a good ten 

years later! 

When I finally found it I remember being rather disapointed. Not saying it's not a good 

album but it just doesn't have the vibe of his Vision releases imo... Maybe he should have 

concentrated more on making fun party tracks instead of writing x-rated raps?





Listening to the cd years later, track 5 becoms  interesting; "... they got a new thing down 

here called the lap dance..." Damn, time is really flying isn't it??







If you haven't heard the album yet, go HERE and check it out! Let me know what YOU 

think.


----------------------------------


Now what might be the most interesting about this album is the vinyl release! Are there 

different tracks on it? No. Remixes? No. What is it then? Well, take a look:























































That's right! It's released in a gatefold sleeve. I agree it could have been nicer if they 

added some grafics or liner notes or something instead of leaving it plain old white like that

but nevertheless, to my knowledge, this is the first gatefold sleeve to be used for a Miami 

bass release ever, so THAT's history!

No comments:

Post a Comment